Aggression?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcor

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My friend and I did a bit of a fish swap today. She gave me some of her endler guppies and I gave her some platies. 2 hours later one of the biggest female endlers has become dinner for a yoyo loach. Now she could have died from the stress of transporting and new surroundings, but is it possible that she was attacked? I asked because one of my baby platy has lost it's eye recently and is currently in a hospital tank.

Since no-one has come to the rescue yet, I've searched hard online and come to the conclusion that one of my loaches has gone 'rogue'. The dead endler female had both her eyes eaten. Add that to the platy fry I found yesterday with an eye missing, and the following link, I'm beginning to think I need to remove the yoyos. If anyone else has an alternative suggestion or opinion, please say, as ill be ringing the LFS tomorrow to see if they'll take them. I'll be sad to see them go, but not willing to risk the health and safety of the rest of my tank for the sake of three miscreant yoyos.
http://www.fishtanksandponds.co.uk/profiles/botia-almorhae.html

I don't have yoyo's but an overly aggressive fish is always a possibility. Sometimes tank size & lack of plants/hiding places can be a factor, also some fish if not fed the proper amount or right foods can go after other fish.

I don't have yoyo's but an overly aggressive fish is always a possibility. Sometimes tank size & lack of plants/hiding places can be a factor, also some fish if not fed the proper amount or right foods can go after other fish.

Thank you. Yeah I spoke to the LFS. They said it is something yoyos do if kept in too small a tank etc, but our tank is a 66g so more than big enough. They agreed it sounded strange but quite possible, and will take our yoyos if we want.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom