Aggressive dwarf gourami, game over?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katkis

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello fish people!
So I have 105l community tank (27g) with 10 neon tetras, 4 baby bristlenose (these guys will be rehomed soon as they gain more size) plecos and 3 dwarf gouramis, two females and one male.
They are the newest addition to my set.

I did research about them, that they're kind of a hit or miss fish. I was really glad that maybe mine were 'hit' since the first three weeks went magnificent: no chasing or nipping. Now the male has started beating up his girls daily. One already has a bloody nose. They both get the same treatment always when they try to approach the open waters. I planted the tank as advised so chased fish have at least some cover.

I'm worried of those two little girls, they seem to be really afraid and stressed. Male has started building a bubble nest and gives his females a good chase constantly.
I read they are territorial and can be hostile toward each others, but when enough is enough?
Should I consider returning them back to the store and keep my tank tetra based.
Thank you for your time!

(Here's a picture of my setup)
HBmi9du.png

Yes, you are correct about the Dwarf Gourami being hit and miss. If this continues, I'd advise on just keeping one.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes, you are correct about the Dwarf Gourami being hit and miss. If this continues, I'd advise on just keeping one.
Thank for your help. I did googling few days ago and got contradictory information, some say they can be kept alone and others say they need company.
But I'll take your advice and try seperating them!

Back
Top Bottom