aggressive guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guppylove85

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok so here is the problem I was fairly certain that i just have feeder/wild type guppies but have you ever heard of guppies eating glass shrimp?
I got this whole set up from some one on craigs list. who was moving, and I was all excited to be back in the fish keeping world. he person also said she had endlers, but already had found them a home. they were supposedly kept in separate tanks.
Well things have been going well for about a week, I got some plants and more on the way hoping that i can finish cycling the tank with out any more fish loss. I have only lost one which it could have been to old age.
when i brought them home there were 2 glass shrimp as well.
I figured ok thats fine, but after my last water change I noticed all the fish clustered around they were eating the shrimp. :eek: and they must have eaten the other one because I couldn't find him. now i am angry and upset, because I know the shrimp were both alive and happy for at least an hour after wc, plus i was just looking at the tank not ten minuets before. i would have saved him but i was too late.

I am wondering why they ate the shrimp, i never had vicious guppies, but i have heard that endler guppy hybrids can be?

thoughts comments?

My guppies pecked my glass shrimp to death. It happens, though generally the 2 are ok together. It's also quite possible that the shrimp died and the guppies were just eating the body. Shrimp can be rather sensitive. So, either is a possibility IMO.

Back
Top Bottom