Aiptasia Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThrowedToad

Aquarium Advice Freak
I know that aiptasia are the enemy but I kinda admire their power and ease of care. Is it stupid to make a 10gal tank FO with aiptasia as my "Star" anemone?

Last edited:
Ohh! By the way, with a turkey baster and some boiling water from your tank, blast these suckers with the boiling water and they die within seconds. Allowing you to kill them and suck their dead bodies up in the same stroke. Rid your rock in seconds without looking for some chemical cure, lime, or lemon juice injections. These are actually awesome creatures in seclusion from your LR. Good luck!

I don't think it's stupid, if you like them keep them. I would keep it as a species only tank unless you are gonna continue to blast away all the newcomers in the hopes of keeping just one. A species dedicated tank could be a neat idea.

I would be more interested in a mojano tank....way more colorful. Not that I would, but they look better IMO....

If I could only be lucky enough to get that hitchhiker! My tank was full of aiptasia, they migrated to my CC, so in the process of changing to LS I put a couple in my quarantine tank being that I don't intend on getting anymore fish for a while. However the next day they were dead?! Maybe copper?

Back
Top Bottom