Air Stone Problems.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lindsey577

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have an Aqua Culture 10in air stone. The bubbles come out a ton at both ends but not really at all in the middle. What's the problem?

I don't know if it'll help or not, but here's a picture. You can see that there are no bubbles coming out of the middle.

Attachments

• image-3867057775.jpg
    image-3867057775.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 145
Mine used to unevenly bubble. It looks like you have the most output by the air imput. Try angling it so the end opposite the intake is raised a bit. This should force more pressure towards that end and hopefully get the middle bubbles flowing.

I tried it, and so far it isn't working. I'll leave it like that and wait a while and see what it does. Thanks!

How old is it? They sometimes take a while to break in. IME, those long bubble stones suck unless you get one (or modify it) to run air into it at both ends.

I just got it yesterday. I guess I should've done more research on them before I got one.

Maybe the pump motor is too small?
I have a few different sizes and spent some time this weekend rearranging my pumps throughout the different tanks, depending on tank size and decoration. I was amazed at how much of a difference it made.
I had this one octopus bubbler thing that my sister gave me, and I wasn't able to use it because the force of the air was shoving my angel around. Put on a smaller pump, and it works great. Moved the bigger pump to my air stone that was only working at about half capacity, and the bubbles coming out have doubled. I think they're also rated by water depth.
Something to look into.

Hi, i had same problem with my air stone too. I was thinking my air pump had problem. I got soo tired, i removed my plastic air pipe from air stone and tie up to filter outlet with a rubber ring. Its working well i had no problem with pump. Its output air bubbles is soo well , at low capacity it produce very tiny air bubbles which is more better and much more then air stone. And its also give a good indication of filteration . When pump slow down air bubbles also makes less means its alarm to clean up sponge. In My aquarium all water have very tiny dancing air bubbles..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom