Air stone question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieKlein

Aquarium Advice Addict
My air stone is a disc shape and I really like it, excpt for the fact that its like 5 inches in diameter. My tank is only 30x12 footprint. So it takes up alot of space. I wanted to get a different stone but all the other ones produce small bubbles, and I really like the one I have that has larger bubblers. Any ideas?

Make bigger holes in the airstone with a knife? Never tried it but think it would work in theory

Considering they are only about 3 dollars, I guess that is worth a shot! Only contradicting thing is that it is more like a sponge than individual holes

I use to have a huge airstone and I just stuffed it in the gravel so all you could see was bubbles coming out of the gravel.
Merry Christmas!

I use to have a huge airstone and I just stuffed it in the gravel so all you could see was bubbles coming out of the gravel.
Merry Christmas!

That is what I am doing also. The problem I guess is that i can't place any caves or plants over the stone.
Merry Christmas to you also!

Ok I loved to put plants over to watch them plants move around but it's your aquarium of course.

And I agree with Sidman's idea. Wouldn't hurt to try!

Ok I loved to put plants over to watch them plants move around but it's your aquarium of course.

And I agree with Sidman's idea. Wouldn't hurt to try!

My airstone disc barley goes under the gravel, so I can't burry the plants over them!!

I just heated the end of 3/8 vinyl tubing up with a lighter than crimped it with pliers to seal it, drilled 1/8" holes for a few inches and buried it in gravel, basically allows you to customize bubbles with no air stone at all!

Back
Top Bottom