Alantic/Caribbean Blue Tang...ICH Prone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oceandelight

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was wondering if anyone had one of these tangs? and if anyone knows if they are more ich prone or not? i know that tangs like archilles and powder brown tangs are very ich prone because they are more velvet like then some of the other tangs. I guess any information or advice anyone has on these guys would be helpful i have already read about them on liveaquaria.com so anything other then what they have would be helpful. Thanks

I did a search for "Caribbean blue tang" and came up empty. Do you mean the blue tang or hippo tang? Scientific name please.

Looks like a decent fish. It does require a tank of 75gal and has an aquarium stability index of 4 outof 5, according to "Marine Fishes". It will be aggressive towards other tangs in smaller systems.

I think i am going to go for him. he looks really healthy. he is about 2 in so he is small i have a 29 gal QT set up for him and after the QT he will be going into a 150 gal so i think he should be ok. Thanks for the advice

I had one for about 2 years before he died?? Great fish and I am looking for another juvenal. There bright yellow when young and turn blue as the mature. Mine was a dull blue/gray and I was looking forward to see him the bright blue. I hope I can find another young one soon.

Back
Top Bottom