Albino Tiger Barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vaquero

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone have or had Albino Tiger Barbs lay eggs?? Mine I believe are getting real close. Red nose, fat and being followed around by one to two males. Just looking for any info on what to expect, should I put all barbs in a separate tank after eggs show up. And do I need a filtered tank for the adults if only for a few days or can I just put them in a smaller bowl with tank water/.?

Anyone have or had Albino Tiger Barbs lay eggs?? Mine I believe are getting real close. Red nose, fat and being followed around by one to two males. Just looking for any info on what to expect, should I put all barbs in a separate tank after eggs show up. And do I need a filtered tank for the adults if only for a few days or can I just put them in a smaller bowl with tank water/.?

It's been a while but I used to breed the different color forms of the Tiger barbs on a faily large scale.
First off, I preferred to use a separate tank for the spawning and egg hatching than the breeder's regular tank. Since Barbs occasionally eat their own spawns, I used a calculated method that got the fish in and out of the breeding tank before the spawn could be lost.
As for sexing the fish, males have the red nose in the regular form so in the Albino form, the males will have the darker mouth/nasal area and the female will be more rounded in her abdominal area from the eggs and similarly colored all over.
As for the breeders, you will need an aerated tank or recepticle for both the eggs and the breeders (They both need oxygen :brows:.)

If you would like a more complete explanation of my process, feel free to PM me. (y)

Back
Top Bottom