Algae bloom help 90g heavily planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Philly33

Aquarium Advice Freak
CO2 w/ ph controller, inline diffusion
4 x 54w t5ho
EI dosing
Eco complete n Florite
Fluval G6
Emperor 400 w/ DIY damper
Nano circulation fan
50% wc weekly

Kh 5
Ph set to 6.8
Nitrate, nitrite, ammonia all good.
Phosphates- 1.0 maybe 1.5

Substrate, ferts and co2 are 2 months old. Filtration (biological) 2yrs. I kept 50% water and all biological when adding substrate, ferts and co2.

Big algae bloom for over a month. The drop checker looked good when visible. Now I can only see the bottom 2" of the tank.

Need HELP?

I have a diatom filter on its way. I'm hoping to clear things up so I can assess the situation better.

That is a heck of a lot of light. It wouldn't take much to get a bloom going. What are your nitrates testing at? Are you sure you are dosing enough K and N? How about trace?

How old are the bulbs? Have they been installed for 2 years?

Nitrates are good. A couple people here have said I'm on the low end of high light with 4 bulbs due to the tank depth. Bulbs 2 months old. I have carpeting plants. I'm EI dosing according to 100gallon ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388981147.197067.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388981147.197067.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388981147.197067.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 61
When is the last time you cleaned out your filter,

I change mechanical every week with wc. A thorough cleaning occurred a month ago while preserving beneficial bacteria.

Depending on the reflectors on the light fixture you might even be solidly in the medium range of light. How long are you running your lights daily? What kind of algae is this?

Start by dropping your photo period down to 6hrs. That should help cut down on the algae.

Back
Top Bottom