Algae food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foxyhasswag

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just picked myself up a Cory cat and a panda garra the man at my lfs told me they Dont need any special food they just eat algae from around the tank is this true or should I pick me up some algae wafers

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't know anything about panda garras, but I can answer for the Cory cat.
No, corys do NOT eat algae. Look at its mouth. They do not have a sucker mouth like algae eating fish do. They need bottom feeder pellets, and frozen food for variety just like other fish. They also are social fish that should be kept in groups of at least 4.
I have a group of 8 panda cory cats and they go crazy for hikari bottom feeder wafers, omega one shrimp pellets, and frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp :)

Cories eat meaty foods. They are NOT Algae eaters. They may nibble on algae wafers, but will die unless fed other foods. I feed frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp. Omega One Shrimp pellets as well as Omega One Color flakes.

What kind of Cory ? They prefer to be in groups of 6 or more. They should have smooth sand or smooth rounded small gravel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be picking up some more corys in a week or so because I also bourght a panda garra and a angel and want to add to many fish at once my Cory is a sterbai and is hanging around with my garra

And I got fine gravel thanks for the help will nip into my lfs and get some food tommorow

What size is your tank? Sterbais are one of the largest cory species. I think they can get around 4 inches. Did you recently set up your tank and are doing a fish in cycle?

It's been running for over a year now sorrys it's a false they look similar and it's a 6ol

If it's a C trilineatus it's not a false anything. It's a 3 Lined Cory.
False julii covers about 10 species that are sold as julii and are not julii. 3 Lined is the literal translation of its Latin name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom