Algae ID: good or evil?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lectraplayer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
uploadfromtaptalk1425953868516.jpguploadfromtaptalk1425953934875.jpguploadfromtaptalk1425953973138.jpg

I found this in a puddle behind a building at Samford University. What species does this look like? If introduced into a planted fish tank, would it be good or evil?

Sent from my Android with one arm in the tank.

I have heard of people here doing it. As for me adding it, it will take a bit more selling.

If you want to introduce algae into your tank all you really have to do is open the curtain on the window it's next to.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you want to introduce algae into your tank all you really have to do is open the curtain on the window it's next to.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Uncontroled algae, yes, but you're shooting craps on what you get.

I'm seeing people post about farming certain types of algae, with positive results. Right now, for my tanks, no algae is good algae until I find out exactly what is happening.

That's part of what i was wondering Delapool.

Well, could be my DT setup as well. Still cursing I had a tuff of BBA for months, didn't treat it and then one month there were little bits of BBA popping up everywhere.

The small tank I'd like to do more with but the blinds keep getting left open so it is a havan for green algae. :( Perhaps you could try in a bucket?

Back
Top Bottom