Am I over stocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlover13

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am wanting to only get 2 more fish in my 25 gallon and this is what I have
2 Black Tetras(and they school with the Neons and Harlaquin Rasboras)
4 Neons
3 Harlaquin Rasboras
2 Guppies
1 Male Dwarf Gourami
I am only allowed to get two more fish my mom said but I am sure I can get away with 3 more maybe 4.

I don't think you're over stocked as long as your water parameters are correct. What else were you thinking of adding?

And I have 1 male Platy I was thinking about getting a female Platy because my tank has many hiding places so if the male messes with her she can hide.

If you do that you might get overstocked by all the babies, lol. I don't know much about platies. Hopefully someone else will see this and give you some tips.

If you do that you might get overstocked by all the babies, lol. I don't know much about platies. Hopefully someone else will see this and give you some tips.

I sell and trade. I have had alot of Platys but they died so I am waiting to find the perfect female. ( but only to certain people not just anyone)

I would add 2 more HRs
or HR and one black tetra.

For live bearers you need to have at least 1 male to two females, perferably three, but you would be quikliy overstocked with fry, even if you do sell them. Say you buy 2 females, you could have like 60 or more babies each month! You do not have enough room for them unless you set up a couple more tanks.

So I would add to the schooling fish :)

I am wanting to only get 2 more fish in my 25 gallon and this is what I have
2 Black Tetras(and they school with the Neons and Harlaquin Rasboras)
4 Neons
3 Harlaquin Rasboras
2 Guppies
1 Male Dwarf Gourami
I am only allowed to get two more fish my mom said but I am sure I can get away with 3 more maybe 4.

I would talk her into 3 fish (its only 1 more!) and up your rasboras by one and tetras by 2 they will love you for it!

I'd either add to the schooling fish or add a couple of panda cories.

If I get rid of my Guppies do you thunk a betta will be ok to put in there.

I wouldn't do it with the gourami in there.

Agreed! Those two occupy the same territory. I've yet to hear of anyone successfully keeping them together.
I love my betta being in a big tank. But it doesn't always work out. That said, if you decide to swap those two around you want to select a healthy one that shows no aggression in the bowls. Keep them with one mid range schooling group and gentle water current. Too strong of a current can wear them out.
It's a good idea to have a small 1-10 gallon on standby in case it doesn't work out and he terrorizes your other fish.

Agreed! Those two occupy the same territory. I've yet to hear of anyone successfully keeping them together.
I love my betta being in a big tank. But it doesn't always work out. That said, if you decide to swap those two around you want to select a healthy one that shows no aggression in the bowls. Keep them with one mid range schooling group and gentle water current. Too strong of a current can wear them out.
It's a good idea to have a small 1-10 gallon on standby in case it doesn't work out and he terrorizes your other fish.

Ok I thank you don't want to take a chance yet.

Back
Top Bottom