am i overstocked or can i add one more?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yankeeslover

Aquarium Advice Activist
29 gallon...currently have 10 zebra danios and 9 rasboras... 6 peppered corys and 1 bristlenose pleco..just wondering if this is overdoing it or not? i really would like to get one dwarf gourmi, but not sure if this would be too much.. i have a AC 70 filter and do weekly water changes.....i also asked in previous threads if the danios or rasobors would be too much of a mess in my tank, and lol, im shocked to notice that they have formed one school... does this seem normal? they all school toghether and chase each other around, actually looks pretty neat...they dont seperate into seperate schools even while cleaning my tank they gather together in the corner..

i have a 29g planted with 8 pristellas 6 cardinals 4 corys and a bristlenose, and im planning on adding 2 more corys and 1 german blue ram and 1 dwarf gourami

I think most people would say that both your tanks are over stocked. But I think that if your filter is handling the bioload ok and you have good water parameters, then as long as you get a fish that will stay small, go for it.

But, to be more professional about this.... WHat are your current water parameters? How long has your tank been set up? Do you know about the nitrogen cycle and has your tank completed it?

Stocking Your Tank

Hello yank...

You can add a fish or two if you're willing to up your weekly water changes to at least half the tank volume. Take care to consider the adult size of the fish and compatibility before you buy it or them.

I have a couple of heavily planted 30 G tanks with well over 100 Fancy Guppies and some Corydoras in them and remove and replace 60 to 70 percent of the water weekly and the fish are active and healthy.

The health of your tank depends on how much water you change and how often you're willing to change it. Large, weekly changes seem to work best for my tanks.

B

Back
Top Bottom