amazon swoard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
alright, thanks. that kind of lighting is only good for java ferns, and v. spiralis probably.

i highly doubt it'll do any good with that lighting

I highly agree with mfdrookie516 on this one... as I'm finding this out the hard way. I have a single 6700K 32 watt bulb in a 75 gallon tank and my swords .. just .. do stay alive, even with root tabs. Just not enough watts/ gallon for them to grow.

A 32 watt bulb would do better for your tank than mine.

Hey mfdrookie516 - I'm looking to get that T5-ho 4ft / 2LAMP Aquarium lighting fixture w/ 2x 54watt 6700K bulbs like from fishneedit.com ... do you think I'd need to do CO2?

nah, it would be borderline, where co2 would be very beneficial, but with good maintenance, not required.

Thanks for the quick reply ... appreciate it .. just trying to avoid CO2 for now eventually I'll dip into a DIY CO2 .. after I upgrade the light.

Just remembered I also have wisteria and ludwigia ... I do believe they're also medium lighting plants and their just hanging in there too :facepalm:. Ugh ... should've done my plant research better .. got too fixated on just Lumens.

I have that fixture on a 55 didn't realize how much light it was. I recently turned of one of the bulbs because it was too much light without CO2 even with seachem flourish tabs and liquid. I also am going to start adding excel. So I would suggest planning on frets for sure but since you have the same length with 20 gallons deeper you might be okay without CO2.

Back
Top Bottom