Amazon sword Growth.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trout11B

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone, I was wondering what the requirements for an amazon sword would be in a 55 gallon tank.

I've seen lots of reports of medium light requirements, but I've also seen people growing them in low light conditions as well. I have one in my ten gallon that has absolutely exploded in growth, so I don't have a very good backup plan at the moment except for the 55. The 55 isn't set up to be a planted tank at the moment so I am hesitant to put it in there, but it is really starting to take up some space.

I realized that it would eventually outgrow the 10, but I didn't expect it to happen so quickly. Any suggestions on the 55 would be great. It only has the stock lighting on your run of the mill Walmart special hood.

It depends in the species of amazon you have, red swords like a lot of light while most prefer medium to low, but in general they all need a lot of iron. Just bury a root tab near the plant and fertilize once a week.

I guess I didn't realize there was more then one amazon sword.

Here's a picture if you could possibly identify what kind of amazon it is.

Attachments

• image-3574199219.jpg
    image-3574199219.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom