Amazon sword question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tamtam

Aquarium Advice Addict
A local pet store has small amazon sword on for 1 buck a plant, here it's close to 5 bucks regular price so this is a steller deal.

My question is how long will they survive without a light? I have my light but don't have my lid for the tank yet so can't use the light with the risk of water splashing up. I would prob take a couple weeks for the lid to come in. Maybe 3, I'm not sure as I've never ordered in through this store before..

tamtam said:
A local pet store has small amazon sword on for 1 buck a plant, here it's close to 5 bucks regular price so this is a steller deal.

My question is how long will they survive without a light? I have my light but don't have my lid for the tank yet so can't use the light with the risk of water splashing up. I would prob take a couple weeks for the lid to come in. Maybe 3, I'm not sure as I've never ordered in through this store before..

Lot of people put their lights without a lid, unless you have a major water flow on he top of your tank, or a large air stone that can generate splash, I don't think that will be an issue.

Lot of people put their lights without a lid, unless you have a major water flow on he top of your tank, or a large air stone that can generate splash, I don't think that will be an issue.

I'm running 2 HOBs with a lot of splash back. I've read up a lot of reviews on the light I have and a lot of people have complained about it shorting out after a year or less running it without a lid between. I guess it would prob do for a few weeks but I'd hate to kill my light, took me ages to be able to nab this on a deal I could afford. lol

Lol.

Do you happen to have a piece of glass or plastic that you could use to protect it

hmm.. good idea! I'm not sure I have anything that wouldn't restrict the light too much.. Maybe a piece of mesh, like window scream mesh. I'm gonna have to go digging now and see if hubbies for something tucked away. lol.

Back
Top Bottom