Amazon swords dying!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nailz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello i have a 72 gallon bow front. i am new to this, so all advice is welcome.
my tank has been running about 6 months and i have gone about a month since my last passing of anything. took a couple trial and errors.
i have now moved on to plants.
problem, my swords seem to be growing, but the leaves are going see through. not as brown as clear. i dont think anything is eating them
my water levels are all within normal ranges.
i also have a couple aranges of other plants, all marked |"easy" at my LFS
i have a 67.000k dayligh/65 watt x2 2 foot, and 2 regular florescent bulbs.
i have been hitting them with flourish excel cardon and root tabs and some plat nutrient with no luck

live stock:
9 danino
3 orchids
3 sunburst wags
2 redline torpedo barbs
2 mollys
1 bala shark
2 albino shark
1 alegea eater
2 dwarf frogs
2 snails
1 black spotted eel
1 electic blue crawfish
1 pleco
4 glass cats
3 cory cats
2 guppy's

hello i have a 72 gallon bow front. i am new to this, so all advice is welcome.
my tank has been running about 6 months and i have gone about a month since my last passing of anything. took a couple trial and errors.
i have now moved on to plants.
problem, my swords seem to be growing, but the leaves are going see through. not as brown as clear. i dont think anything is eating them
my water levels are all within normal ranges.
i also have a couple aranges of other plants, all marked |"easy" at my LFS
i have a 67.000k dayligh/65 watt x2 2 foot, and 2 regular florescent bulbs.
i have been hitting them with flourish excel cardon and root tabs and some plat nutrient with no luck

live stock:
9 danino
3 orchids
3 sunburst wags
2 redline torpedo barbs
2 mollys
1 bala shark
2 albino shark
1 alegea eater
2 dwarf frogs
2 snails
1 black spotted eel
1 electic blue crawfish
1 pleco
4 glass cats
3 cory cats
2 guppy's

I think you need to dose some macro and micro nutrients. Plants need both micro and macro elements to grow flourish comprehensive will cover basic micro and trace elements. Flourish pottasium, phosphorus, and nitrogen will cover your macro elements. You could also look into dry ferts

What I've found that helps my sword the most is when I dose liquid ferts I use a syringe and inject it straight into the substrate. Swords rare root feeders. If you have play sand for example, dosing ferts in the water does no good. I have root tabs in addition to liquid ferts.

Trim more often, any leaf that looks worse than 80% healthy I trim so the new growth has all the "energy"

Root tabs are a must. Also are you using a substrate like Eco-complete? I like it in my first planted tank with amazon swords that even shoot runners at times

Back
Top Bottom