American Bullfrogs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miyavp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So a while ago I brought home an american bullfrog and before I got the chance to upgrade him from his 5gal tank to a larger tank (about a week) he'd died. He was a baby still had his tail when I got him, I felt so bad when he died. I've been a little weary about getting another one because I'm afraid I cant take care of it. I'd appriciate some advice on how to set up a tank for one before I decide to get another.

So a while ago I brought home an american bullfrog and before I got the chance to upgrade him from his 5gal tank to a larger tank (about a week) he'd died. He was a baby still had his tail when I got him, I felt so bad when he died. I've been a little weary about getting another one because I'm afraid I cant take care of it. I'd appriciate some advice on how to set up a tank for one before I decide to get another.

I know this is old but I think it would be a sweet setup! I have no experience with land frogs but I can tell you what I would do.
I think with a frog that size a 55 gallon tank is gonna be the minimum for an adult maybe bigger. Setup with 50/50 or 25/75 land to water ratio. I would do a pool filter sand substrate with some large smokth rocks and pieces if driftwood both in and out of the water. Have some kind of plant in the water (maybe a moss so it looks more boggish?) And some bog plants planted on the land portion. Have a uv light pointed toward the land and an internak filter in the water.
Like I said I have no experience but this is what I would try.

Back
Top Bottom