ammania bonsai growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goatnad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I've had ammania bonsai for around 4-6 months now and I'm not seeing much growth. In this time they have only grown maybe 4 inches. This is my first time with this plant so I don't know if this is normal growth for them. I see pictures online of people with 10 inch stems of it but mine just aren't growing tall. Can anyone that's grown this before tell me how it grew for you and in what conditions did you grow it?

Tank info
Lighting: 2 13w par38 5000k led floodlights
Substrate: organic potting soil capped with black diamond
Filter: not sure of brand. 10-20 gallon hob
Co2: none
Fish: male betta

They do grow very slow. CO2 and high light seem to speed things up with A. bonsai, but generally they are slow growing. I've had them up to 14 - 16" tall before without trouble.

Ah OK. Ty to both of you. They are growing healthily. I figured co2 would help but I didn't know how much. I moved some down to my 10g growout tank. It has co2 and a finnex planted+ on it. I'll see how it does there. Again thanks guys.

Last edited:
Will have to agree with the above posts; even with CO2 the growth rate was slow compared to most stem plants. Which is refreshing because you get to enjoy the scape “as is” for a bit longer instead of having to trim it all of the time.

Back
Top Bottom