Ammonia Alert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ickletas

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anybody used or is using the Seachem Ammonia Alert and if could I get some feedback on it if possible? It seems like an ace idea but want to try and find out if it works well in practice before I part with any cash.:thanks:

I agree with you, it *sounds* like a good idea. But in all reality, it doesn't work great. It's on the same level as test strips IMO. Everything I've seen on them indicates they are highly inaccurate.

It's gimmick sort of thing that's a waste of money IMO, in a properly cycled, properly filtered, and non-overstocked tank ammonia is non-existent, it's being converted through the nitrogen cycle. Just use a quality liquid test kit that's accurate and takes 30 seconds.

I already have the master kit but the ammonia test only has about 8 more uses so I just thought I'd ask the question before getting a new API ammonia after seeing these (what, at first glance, appear to be devilishly clever) devices on-line.

Like I say I thought it would be best to check it out with you guys before shelling out. The Ammonia Alert was about 1/2 the price of the Ammonia only kit (£7 vs £12) which was obviously what drew my attention. Times is 'ard dontcha know lol

Back
Top Bottom