Ammonia for the loss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Futurekitmiller

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 20 gallon aquarium that has been set up for 2 weeks. I run a marineland 150 filter in it. I use floss in the filter as well. I do 15-20% water changes weekly as well as a good gravel cleaning. The rest of my reading are fine, however my ammonia is around 6.0 ppm. I have 4 mollies, 4 Corycats, 1 swordtail and a platy. I also have 6 ghost shrimp and a mystery snail. Am I overcrowded? It's a 20 gallon long FYI. I'm not sure what else to do :(

I have a 20 gallon aquarium that has been set up for 2 weeks. I run a marineland 150 filter in it. I use floss in the filter as well. I do 15-20% water changes weekly as well as a good gravel cleaning. The rest of my reading are fine, however my ammonia is around 6.0 ppm. I have 4 mollies, 4 Corycats, 1 swordtail and a platy. I also have 6 ghost shrimp and a mystery snail. Am I overcrowded? It's a 20 gallon long FYI. I'm not sure what else to do :(

You don't seem over stocked, your tank is just cycling. Keep up with the water changes and hopefully none of your fish will die.

I have had one death but I honestly think it was just a bad fish. He died two days after I got him...is there anything else I can do?

Btw, that article was great and really explained things. I am now cycling another 20 minus the fish...

Back
Top Bottom