Ammonia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got home and checked my levels
Ammonia.25
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 10ppm
I haven't done anything to it since last night before I went to bed and at that time my levels were
Ammonia.50
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 5ppm
So a couple of things.... Does that mean my bb is coming back and eating my ammonia, this is my second day of fasting will my fish be good if I dont feed them today and maybe tomorrow my snails to (mysterys) finally should I just let the tank be and let the bb handle its business all the fish are acting great

My levels are
Ammonia.50
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 5ppm-10ppm

That's as high as it gets for my ammonia.... Would these levels mess up with my plants and with me trying to grow algae

The ammo will burn the fishes gills, so keep it below .25ppm, 0ppm being better of course :). Plants will eat ammo, no2, no3, pretty much anything they can absorb. The plants in my BW tank loved the 4ppm ammo, I just redosed every couple days to keep up with everything munching on it lol.

if you want algae, over feed the tank and let the excess food dissolve, putting more nutrients into the water column than the plants can use up. Algae will invite itself over and campout like an out of work relative, no worries and for as long as there's something to eat (I can't believe I'm telling you this :hide: lol).

Should I still do a pwc or let it go for now and are my fish good without food

xfactor6699 said:
Should I still do a pwc or let it go for now and are my fish good without food

IMO, you should let it be, see where the ammo is this evening. How are the fish looking? If they look good, I'd say your good for another 12-24hrs. Besides fry, most fish can go a week without food, maybe more IME.

My female Kenyi just went almost 3 weeks without food. She was of course carrying, but 3 weeks is a long time without food. After she spit the fry I gave her NLS Growth for a few days and she's fine.
So a few days without food won't hurt your fish all.
I'm glad to hear your ammonia is dropping on it's own and your nitrAtes are going up.

So my ammonia is almost back to normal should I wait till tomorrow to start feeding or should I feed them tonight.... Fyi this is their 3 day of fasting

Its not completely yellow but its more yellow than the.25 green so I'm guessing its close lol

Yeah i always have this trouble trying to get mine below 0.25 ammonia ppm i just bought a new filter the other day so i think im going to give it a whirl, since mines like a big algae looking, fish poo block

Its not completely yellow but its more yellow than the.25 green so I'm guessing its close lol

FWIW my rule of thumb is, if it looks yellow it is yellow.

How much filtration do you have? More is better in my book.

My goldie tank filters for nearly triple the tank size, my GSP at nearly 4X, but their both messing eating, pooping machines lol :huh:.

I've got a aquaclear 70 on a 55g but I think I might add an aquaclear 30 but only put one filter pad in it then fill it with micro beads

Back
Top Bottom