An obsesion i would say

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clayton-Seguin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well my wife and I are new to the aquarium world. I have always loved fishing and getting outdoors. My wife went out and got our little girls (4 and 2) a few goldfish as any good parent would. Well to be honest, it was a disaster to start with. With no research done, fish kept dying. Well with the little girls tears flushing poor Goldie, research became a must! We are far far from experts, but we are well on our way. We have a 5 g hospital tank, 40 g community tank, 55 g cichlad tank. And now I've begun a aquarium coffee table project. We will upgrade as the need requires in the future. Who knows maybe my next house will consist of an aquarium wall. The site has been great to learn from todate and we look forward to sharing and viewing the fish we all enjoy to watch. Cs

Hi.
It's never nice to explain to little ones the issues of fish deaths.
The first time we told our 3 year old he went to the doctors. The second time she found him dead. Had to explain heaven that time.
Coffee table fish tank?! Sounds very interesting!! A brilliant idea!

Welcome to AA! Kudos to you for taking the time to research before restocking!

Just some food for thought.. I was contemplating a coffee table tank and decided not to because;

- Lighting a tank would be difficult while leaving the top open for viewing purposes.

- Running power to the area would have been next to impossible for me.

- I was afraid of someone kicking/bumping/dropping something on the tank.

Don't want to shoot your dreams down or anything but I know how 4 and 2 year olds like to create a path of destruction wherever they go! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom