Anemone as host

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swimzebras

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello,
I am getting a pair of either ocellaris or percale clownfish soon and I think I would like an anemone for them at some point. I need the anemone to be one of the easier species and my tank is only 45 gallons so it can't be a monster in size. Bubble tip anemone right? The problem is, I only want one and BTA anemones sometimes multiply. A lot. Any ideas?
Thanks!

There really is no "easy" anemone. They all require the same thing...pristine water quality, stable water parameters and high powered lighting. There is also no guarantee any clownfish will use an anemone as it's host. You might get an anemone and the clown will choose a soft coral as it's host, or even a powerhead. ;)

True, but some anemones are easier than others and I know that there are some that ocellaris clowns favor...?

You can try a purple tip seabe. I have in mine in my 40 gallon reef aquarium. My Clownfish loves it.

That's interesting. I really like magnificent and carpet anemones and they both host ocellaris but the get a yard in diameter!

Back
Top Bottom