Anemone Compatability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flyerfridge

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey there. So I have a squid tentacle anemone in my 55 gallon reef tank. I was wondering if I could also pick up a condy anemone or bubble tip and have them live peacefully together?

It has also been called a glass anemone. Here's a picture of it.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404531569.142748.jpgthis is the picture. Not sure if it attached to the previous.

Glass anemone, such as aiptasia and majano, are considered pests due to them being able to overrun tanks and sting livestock. But that doesn't look like either to me, too large.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

From doing a quick read on squid tentacles it sounds like they're pretty aggressive and get big. They'll also eat your fish and kill any coral they come in contact with. Doesn't sound like they move a lot and assuming the other nem doesn't move near it it should be fine with them. That being said if it were my tank I'd get rid of the STA and go with a more common species that has much more readily available care info, I'm also not a fan of things that can get big and kill everything in the tank. Just my $.02 though.

Thanks. I haven't had much trouble with him so I don't think I will trade him in just yet. He definitely does seem to stay in one place though.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom