anemones reproducing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alicappello

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
About 5 days ago my anemone got caught in the filter. I think I found him pretty close to when he got sucked up so he was still alive when I saw him. I shut off the filter and tried to take him out. He was stuck in there pretty good so I just left him hanging there in hopes that he would fall out on his own. About 4 hours later he did so I moved him to the front of the tank. I was able to tell that he had torn a little bit but he was still going strong. 2 days later I see him in the back of the tank and a piece of him stuck to the rock in the front where I had places him. No connection between the 2, so as the days went on I just watched the piece grow and stay stuck to the rock. So Now today the piece starting to get little tentacles as if another anemone is forming. Are they like starfish if they lose a piece it will grow back?? How is this possible?

Anemones will split under stress as a way of preservation. This is what it sounds like to me. Good luck, post some pics if you can.

Beautiful. Good luck with it. :) It normally takes a few days for a mouth to form. Be sure to cover those intake tubes!!

No...they will also do this when your aquarium is to as class as their natural homes. Pretty cool ordeal to see.

Im just glad that my anemone lived after being sucked into the filter ans now I have 2, it has been really cool to watch this one glow into an anemone in just a few days.

Back
Top Bottom