Angelfish in a 29 gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andresdeo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've been reading around and I am kind of sad about this. Are Angelfish requiered to be kept as a part of a school? Sorry for the noob question. But its really my girlfriend which wants it and I promised I'd ask.

I have kept single angels in a 29 gallon tank. I think they love being the king of their own castle. I have a big black in one now. He is friendly active and one of my favorite fish.

andresdeo said:
Thanks. So far positive coments, speak up people, I just might get one tomorrow.

The center piece of my tank is my Marble Angelfish, they are beautiful animals!!

My recommendation is to go with just one, not a pair. First, it is really hard to identify the sex of the Angelfish, so you can finish with two females or males. Having two will also increase the chances of aggression.
Finally if you get a pair, as soon as they lay eggs, they will become protective ( meaning more aggression to other members of the tank )

Yes I was more inclines into one or none, because I do want to achieve variety of species and 2 might be too much of a bioload to go there. Then Im getting one tomorrow and surprise my girlfriend when she come over. Thanks everyone.

Back
Top Bottom