Angelfish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luma21

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all, I have an established tank and I wanted to ask a few questions. It's a 60 gallon tall tank and I want to see if I can make it into an angelfish tank. How many could I put in it as to where it would be almost fully stocked when fully grown?
I was also wondering if I could add some kind of other schooling fish so it's not all strictly Angels. Or would that not work?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You could probably put 5-6 angels in that size and a compatible school of your choice.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I just checked and we have six angels in my 60 gallon tank in the living room and we have no issues. I might get 1-2 more. There is also a rainbow fish, a Bolivian ram, and a pleco and have never had issues for years.

There is no set rule when it comes to Angels, you might get by with 5-6 angels in that tank but its a very slim chance it will work. You'll most likely start seeing aggression and they are relentless, it gets even worse when they start pairing, they are cichlids after all.

Then again, I once had 4 angels in a 55 gallon for years with no problems. I would advice having a plan B just in case.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

There is no set rule when it comes to Angels, you might get by with 5-6 angels in that tank but its a very slim chance it will work. You'll most likely start seeing aggression and they are relentless, it gets even worse when they start pairing, they are cichlids after all.

Then again, I once had 4 angels in a 55 gallon for years with no problems. I would advice having a plan B just in case.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

+1

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Back
Top Bottom