Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish-crazy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm wanting to get an angelfish to add to our 30g for my wife. She'd like something with bright yellow in it. Any suggestions?

For a species of angelfish that is bright yellow or for bright yellow alternatives for an angelfish, or a yellow fish compatible with the angelfish you want to get? =]

Don't have any now. I'm wanting one that will get a max of 5". She just wants it bright yellow. All my fish are very unaggressive. One Ram that is a little bit territorial with one small corner.

Hmm, a max of 5" definitely rules out angelfish! Let's see... yellow fish, max of five inches... have you thought of guppies?

How fast will they grow and what's the max size? I'll be upgrading to at least a 55g in about a year

Ah, well, guppies will not get very big, probably around 2 inches or so. Angels can get up to six inches horizontally, but the bulk of their size is vertical, as they have very tall fins. If you have a standard 55, you could probably do an angel or two, but a tall tank is always best for angels.

Well I found a friend of a friend that breeds guppies. Thinking I'll stock the 35g hex tank with those. Been reading about cories too. I'm thinkin their activity levels would be a good match and give a veriety of color. Probably waiting on angel until I get the 55g.

Sounds good! Let me know how it goes. Guppies are beautiful! And cories can be amazing, too. Just don't add salt! ;D

I love my cories, and if you want a splash of yellow, a group of yellow or orange lazer cories would look great :)

I like the cories. I'll definately show her those. Are they algae eaters or just bottom feeders?

Back
Top Bottom