Anubias question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi i have just read that Anubias plant roots are poisonous to shrimp? Is there any truth in this as i have Anubias attached to my bogwood. It was in my fishing magazine, it also says if the leafs are cut it can be toxic to them. Can anyone tell me if this is true as i have different shrimp. Thanks:)

If they are don't ell mine.I have about 20-25 ghost and about the same in cherry in a tank with about 1o pounds alot of anubias.I only started with 5 each.Maybe that why I don't have more babies?I hope someone else knows the answer.

This is the first i have heard of it, it's also on the guy's website were i buy my shrimp from saying not to have Anubias with them as it's toxic? I'm not sure myself but I, d like to find out before i buy more shrimp.

I think it's an urban myth. The shrimp are more likely to have been poisoned by a treatment the plant was exposed to prior to purchase. Maybe I should start quarantining new plants.

Back
Top Bottom