Anubia's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Welsh

Aquarium Advice Freak
I love anubia's and since their the only thing that I can grow I want to dedicate both my tank's to these plants - along with Java fern.

Anyway, I recently heard these plants grow best out of water - Is this true?

I have a spare tank, 27w daylight lamp and whole bottle of flourish, that needs to be used up. I want to try it but at the same time, I don't want to kill the only plants that I can grow - which I've had for a year, the longest living plants in my tank haha

Has anyone tried this before? How much faster are they supposed to grow?

Also anubias are a strong plant needing minimal attention. Doing the out of the tank method would work but you might get a different leaf pattern and also the roots should be submerged fully I believe in order to prevent complications when returning your plant to a submerged state. From what I understand anubias are slow growers and won't produce new foliage at such a significant speed

I thought about cutting them in half but I like the 'bushy' look, with the anubia's. I tried slashing the rhizome a couple of months ago - to encourage new leaves, and that worked with a few, but yet I'm still complaining haha.

The humid thing isn't a problem for me, the tank was a crab tank previously so I have all the stuff for it lol.

I suppose I'll just have to spend a few pennies and buy some from the store, their fairly priced at 3 for £10 anyway, so I can't really complain haha.

Thanks for your help guys :)

Well, I bought an anubia gigantea for £5 and it was already attached to wood. It's growing at quite a rate too, so I have no idea what I'm going to do with it when it outgrows my tank haha

Back
Top Bottom