any budy have an idea if those Aquaripure nitrate filters work for sure??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discus4Life

Aquarium Advice Regular
They are really spensive and i just want to hear from some budy if they are worth to buy,for my tank they cost 280$.

Why would you want it? Weekly water changes will keep your nitrAtes in check (ideally 20 or below), and pwc's are important for many other aspects of a healthy aquarium other than simply reducing no3. As well as keeping things clean, water changes restore buffers and micronutrients that are absolutely vital to keeping your aquarium balanced and healthy.

Yes i know and i do about 40% water change since i have discus and my nitrates are always on 10-20 ppm ,but i though 0 ppm would be even better,i dont think 280$ is worthit for that little change

Try Hygrophillia plants and some floating plants like Watersprite, Amazon frogbit, Salvinia, also duckweed but its very messy.
My nitrates used to be about 10-20ppm and since i added a few bunches of Hygrophillia and a handfull of watersprite my nitrates are now <5ppm.
Just any fast-growing stem plants like wisteria and such will also do the trick.
I was really sceptical about whether it would work that well but it does :)

By the way my tank is 55g

Mine is 55gal also,but idont have lights for plants and they are expensive

Back
Top Bottom