Any Ghost Knife experts in the crowd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr Caviar

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Kia ora. I'm looking for some advice on how best to aid my Ghost Knife, Ginsu, in her recovery. She's been part of my 600L community tank since I got it 4-5 years ago.

I'm guessing she's suffering fin rot; the end of her tail fin was looking bad. I've moved her to a temporary infirmary, and am just using Melafix and Primafix as recommended on their labels. We're halfway through a second round of daily doses, so no water parameters to report. The tip of her tail fin is no longer an angry red but white, and there is the smallest amount of black starting to show at the end of the white band, suggesting that she might be responding to the treatment.

100169-albums14806-picture72427.png
[/IMG]

Any tips from those who know this type of fish? Changes in diet that might help? Cooler or warmer temps? Thanks!

Not experienced, but just make sure to keep A+ water quality for the fish recovery.

Where the fish spends the most time in it's regular tank, maybe vac out the area to help reduce possible stagnation as bad bacteria hanging around.

Back
Top Bottom