Any Good Community Grouping?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caligulasAquarium

Aquarium Advice Activist
Right now I stuck with my 29 gallon, and I'm gonna get rid of it soon. So I have (I know it's way overpopulated... Stupid guppies):
2 5-6" Plecostomuses which I am never going to sell
1 2" male Swordtail
2 2 1/2" Silver Sailfin Mollies
At least 20 guppies.... I'm selling the male ones and some females.

Most of my guppies are about 1-2 months old so they're still small, but I'm keeping some of the older ones. Since I just got a brand new 55 gallon tank, I'm going to use that one instead. It's huge, and I love it, even in the box. So would these fish get along well with these guys? I'm in love with Bala sharks, so I want to get them, but I'm not sure if they'd go well with the other fish, but I have seen them with 2 Plecostomuses before... Before they died.

My fish with Bala sharks?
My fish with any Bettas? <--- Male or female

Any other good suggestions? I keep my fish tank well cleaned, once or twice a month, depending how much poo is on the gravel. I also love colorful fish, and it's usually kept around 76-78 degrees F.

Thank you~

Hi and welcome to AA!
Unfortunately balas get too big for a 55g they require schools of 6 or more and a 125g+ tank. Your plecos will need a 125g tank also. They can reach 2 foot long and are very high waste producers (poop a lot). Can I suggest you do a weekly 50% water change and gravel vac in your tank? You have a lot of fish in there and the nitrate will be building up quickly.

:welcome: to AA! :)
Right now I stuck with my 29 gallon, and I'm gonna get rid of it soon. So I have (I know it's way overpopulated... Stupid guppies):
2 5-6" Plecostomuses which I am never going to sell
1 2" male Swordtail
2 2 1/2" Silver Sailfin Mollies
At least 20 guppies.... I'm selling the male ones and some females.

Most of my guppies are about 1-2 months old so they're still small, but I'm keeping some of the older ones. Since I just got a brand new 55 gallon tank, I'm going to use that one instead. It's huge, and I love it, even in the box. So would these fish get along well with these guys? I'm in love with Bala sharks, so I want to get them, but I'm not sure if they'd go well with the other fish, but I have seen them with 2 Plecostomuses before... Before they died.

My fish with Bala sharks?
My fish with any Bettas? <--- Male or female

Any other good suggestions? I keep my fish tank well cleaned, once or twice a month, depending how much poo is on the gravel. I also love colorful fish, and it's usually kept around 76-78 degrees F.

Thank you~

Unfortnuately your tank is already overstocked. Two plecos and two mollies already produce a big bioload. What is your filtration? What's your readings of ammonia, nitrites and nitrates? Cleaning that tank once a month isn't going to cut it, I suggest cleaning once a week. No balas.

Hi and welcome to AA!
Unfortunately balas get too big for a 55g they require schools of 6 or more and a 125g+ tank. Your plecos will need a 125g tank also. They can reach 2 foot long and are very high waste producers (poop a lot). Can I suggest you do a weekly 50% water change and gravel vac in your tank? You have a lot of fish in there and the nitrate will be building up quickly.

I agree with all of that, except for rehoming the plecos, as she hasn't said what type they are yet ;)

I'm selling more than half of my guppies, if you didn't know how many, so I'll end up with like 5 female guppies and the other fish. And I meant this for the 55gallon, not the 29, I know the 29 is way overstocked.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom