Any information about this plant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adadkins1

Aquarium Advice Addict
I think this is a Red Flame Sword, but there are so many different varieties of similar swords.

I put a Seachem root tab a few inches from the base a few days ago and I am running 64W T8 6700K for 10 - 12 hours each day. Is that enough lighting for this plants, I think it is just like other swords, medium to high light. Are the root tabs enough? How big will it get? Any other factoids are greatly appreciated!

Need pic or name to have a chance. Generally, swords do fine in lower to medium light conditions once they are truly submerged growth. High light will grow them like mad with some echinodorus getting over 2" tall.

LOL, no worries. That is one of my favorite swords that we've ever had here. It is a hybrid of E. schlueteri and E. x barthii, is a true aquatic now, stays under a foot. Wonderful mid to background plant. The red will show more in higher light conditions. We have them in a low-mid at best tank and they are mostly green. They seem to be fairly slow growers for a sword. JMO

High light will grow them like mad with some echinodorus getting over 2" tall.

I presume you meant 2 feet not 2 inches! :brows: Yeah all swords are basically the same in growing habits and needs. They are heavy root feeders, if your tank is less than a year old, a good source of nitrogen at the roots will make a big difference. I use Jobes plant sticks.

Side note: I hope you guys will listen to my internet radio talk show! :popcorn:

Awesome, that is exactly what I wanted! It is growing slow but steady right now, maybe it will take off like my Amazon did.

Back
Top Bottom