Any Less Expensive Filters Similar To Fluval G3/G6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fredmertz

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone know of a canister filter that has the easy to remove/replace/clean feature of the Fluval G3/G6 filter, but without the fancy shmancy electronics?

The ability to take replace or clean the media without even stopping the filter seems amazing, but I have no interest (or budget) for the electronic monitoring.

Thanks!

You could try the marineland canisters, they're cheaper but I'm not sure if they work the same as the fluval.

Look at the Fluval 206,306,406 cannisters. They don't have any electronics and are reasonably priced for cannisters. You turn it off for cleaning, but they have a neat quick release hose attachment for almost drip free disconnection. They are the lastest versions of Fluval's. Other brands offer similar featured, simple cannisters also. Hope this helps. OS.

Look at the Fluval 206,306,406 cannisters. They don't have any electronics and are reasonably priced for cannisters. You turn it off for cleaning, but they have a neat quick release hose attachment for almost drip free disconnection. They are the lastest versions of Fluval's. Other brands offer similar featured, simple cannisters also. Hope this helps. OS.

+1, got my 306 back in Dec & LOVE it. Cleaning the media when needed is super easy. I unplug it for a water change, plug it back in & it just goes. When I have to clean the media, its easy to prime it. I bought mine from petsolutions.com for much less than I found anywhere else.

Though the 06 filters are amazing, the OP asked for a filter that you can change media without turning off the filter. The API NEXX filter would meet this need. I don't have any first hand experience with it though so I can't give any more info on it

I have the Fluval 406, works great and is really simple, easy to clean and maintain w/o all the bells and whistles. Yes you have to turn it off but it is really fast to clean.

My main goal would be to find a canister that I do not have to empty out to change the filters. I don't care much about having to turn it off -- I just dont want to have to carry it to the sink and empty it out. That's the beauty of the G3/G6 (in my eyes at least).

Back
Top Bottom