any red flags im over looking? new to all of this.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ratsinmyfreezer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
15g aprox. "8 deep
with "16x1" floating island
Ph 6.5
2 carbon filters
2 live plants
2 live plants on the island
"24 plant light
1 stick on reptile heater/temp controle (reused from old snake setup.)
3 juv. leopard frogs
2 coreys resupa something
2 long tail tetras
2 guppys
1 common ((sucker fish guy) the name escapes me at the moment,.I know, I know, they get like 2", when it comes to that ill just build another aqu. :)

Well the one thing I do know is fish and reptile stuff isn't usually interchangable once you use it on a reptile you shouldn't use it on fish. It also sounds a bit over stocked

Tetra require schools of at least 4, though 6 is better as happy minimum. Coreys need groups (shoals) of 4 to be happy as well. I don't know about the frogs, and I wouldn't use anything from a reptile tank in a fish tank if its been around reptiles.

Now, for the elephant in the post, the Plecostimous (yes, I know, I butchered the spelling), NO! Plain and simple, there is no pleco that can go in a tank that small for any length of time. The smallest plecos still need a 30+ gallon tank. By putting that common pleco in there, and saying you'll get another tank, that new tank better be a 125+ gallon to be able to take that fish full grown. His growth will be stunted if he stays in the little tank too long, like more than a couple months.

LT. No no you didn't. I would have thought the same thing. Guess I shoulda been more elaborate.

It is a 30gt just only half full. And for the pleco as far as I read up there bottom feeders. And for the depth of the water really shouldn't matter. Just the floor space. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Just used aqadvisor. Not sure how Accurate it is but taking out a pleco and adding three more tetras and corys my stock is at 52%.
Filtrarion is at 654% can you have too much filtration?

No, no such thing as too much filtration, the more the merrier. And without the pleco, have a school of 6 tetra shoal of 4 + Cory, and if you want an algae eater, some otos. They shoal similarly to cories as far as I know. Besides, pleco are very very messy anyways. And I've never heard about Plecos not needing a decent depth of water? All the plecos I've had in the past (only a few, but still) would go all over the bottom, and sides, and plants and ornamentation for algae. They are primarily algae eaters.

And thanks, sounding like a fish snob is something I try hard not to do. As I was turned off by this forum for a while cuz of a fish snob, and a similar experience on a boating forum from a rich uppity sailor. So, yeah, I'm just a blunt person, I say it how it is, I won't sugar coat things.

Finaly got some decent pics. Think ill use my gopro tonight

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130809_082902.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130809_082902.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 48
  • ForumRunner_20130809_083059.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130809_083059.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 34
  • ForumRunner_20130809_083125.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130809_083125.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 39
Back