Anybody have experience with pacman frog?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KKAY27

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm thinking about getting one does anybody on here have one? I would like to know if yall like them?
I have several reptiles cresties,leopards, tortoise, and ball python! Going to repticon in a few days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've had them before, pretty meh, they kinda just sit there. I'd take a beardie or monitor over one any day.

I used to have a season booth pass for repticon, never made it as far West as Mississippi but I sold at shows all around the southeast.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've had them before, pretty meh, they kinda just sit there. I'd take a beardie or monitor over one any day.

I used to have a season booth pass for repticon, never made it as far West as Mississippi but I sold at shows all around the southeast.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would love a monitor or even a green tree python! It's just space issues! I already planned on getting a male and female crestie to breed! I already have them there own terrarium set up! I wanted something different that didn't take up much space ,I have a 10g I could put him in but I really wanted a baby albino pacman! I just don't see then around here and I'm pretty sure they will have them! If I see one and I like him I might have to get one! I'm really excited for repticon I hope to find me a good pair of cresties!!! I'm just not sure what morph I want! I don't want a pair that's crazy expensive but resonable!

Pacmans are nice. I had a few years ago. Just watch out not to feed them anything too large. They can choke to death.

I kept babies in damp moss with a small shallow bowl of water. The babies are super cute. I fed them crickets and later goldfish and pre killed mice. Adult females may take pre killed young rats.

Keep them CLEAN. don't let them injure their mouth on tongs...maybe use tool dip.

I found them very easy and mine kept nice colors. I don't require every pet to entertain me.

I also kept White's Tree Frogs
Western Spadefoot Toads and a few others.

I mainly stuck to Desert Reptiles.
Beardies, Uromastyx, Blue Tongue Skinks. Lots of snakes and Tarantulas. You know the usual girly pets. Oh and Birds of Prey.
a514e073016af9eb796079b7856b4770.jpg
5e59471f4031853663da464dc5eee121.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pacmans are nice. I had a few years ago. Just watch out not to feed them anything too large. They can choke to death.

I kept babies in damp moss with a small shallow bowl of water. The babies are super cute. I fed them crickets and later goldfish and pre killed mice. Adult females may take pre killed young rats.

Keep them CLEAN. don't let them injure their mouth on tongs...maybe use tool dip.

I found them very easy and mine kept nice colors. I don't require every pet to entertain me.

I also kept White's Tree Frogs
Western Spadefoot Toads and a few others.

I mainly stuck to Desert Reptiles.
Beardies, Uromastyx, Blue Tongue Skinks. Lots of snakes and Tarantulas. You know the usual girly pets. Oh and Birds of Prey.
a514e073016af9eb796079b7856b4770.jpg
5e59471f4031853663da464dc5eee121.jpg

Thank you for explaining your experiences with me !! It's going to help me a lot!! I watched alot of YouTube videos on them and read alot of articles for my research! when they feed them it scared me to death, they ate the whole mouse in 2 bites! It honestly did look like they where choking!!! I really hope I can give a baby pacman a forever home! That is so neat that you keep birds of prey!!! Did you keep any owls? They facinate me! I think they are beautiful little creatures !

This seems like a good article. You've probably read it
http://www.lllreptile.com/articles/4-ornate-horn-frog-pac-man-frog

At one point I had 9 Birds of Prey. Most did not belong to me. I was a state and federally licensed Falconer and my Master Falconer held an exhibitor's license. We had a few exotics as well. I worked with an educational non profit.

Hawks:
Harris Hawk
Red Tail Hawk
English Buzzard

Owls:
Western Screech Owl ( my personal bird)
Great Horned Owl
Eurasian Eagle Owl

Falcons:
American Kestrel ( my personal bird)
Lanner Falcon
Gyr/Saker hybrid Falcon

05970e374c70c99ea99829d6ac46f658.jpg

Don't have Owl pics anymore. Lost most in a computer crash [emoji53]

I'll see if I can take pics of one of my framed photos.

My Ceratophrys ornata experience is from years ago, that's why I'd refer you to above article.

Note: use Prime aquarium water conditioner 2 drops per gallon for best price.

Avoid gravel

Keep water clean !

I was taught to feed 1 mouse a week for adults...as the article states...that is not the best nutrition long term. But I did vary the diet.

Avoid feeding live prey that has teeth. My first snake suffered major scars from poor advice I was given.

GL

Last edited:
But we should stick to the topic on hand.

I used an under tank heater under part of the tank. I left an area unheated so he could cool off if he wanted.

I had a series of 3 or 4 male C.o.

This seems like a good article. You've probably read it
http://www.lllreptile.com/articles/4-ornate-horn-frog-pac-man-frog

At one point I had 9 Birds of Prey. Most did not belong to me. I was a state and federally licensed Falconer and my Master Falconer held an exhibitor's license. We had a few exotics as well. I worked with an educational non profit.

Hawks:
Harris Hawk
Red Tail Hawk
English Buzzard

Owls:
Western Screech Owl ( my personal bird)
Great Horned Owl
Eurasian Eagle Owl

Falcons:
American Kestrel ( my personal bird)
Lanner Falcon
Gyr/Saker hybrid Falcon

05970e374c70c99ea99829d6ac46f658.jpg

Don't have Owl pics anymore. Lost most in a computer crash [emoji53]

I'll see if I can take pics of one of my framed photos.

My Ceratophrys ornata experience is from years ago, that's why I'd refer you to above article.

Note: use Prime aquarium water conditioner 2 drops per gallon for best price.

Avoid gravel

Keep water clean !

I was taught to feed 1 mouse a week for adults...as the article states...that is not the best nutrition long term. But I did vary the diet.

Avoid feeding live prey that has teeth. My first snake suffered major scars from poor advice I was given.

GL

That is so neat!!!!!! I have one more question if I got a baby would it be ok to keep him in a critter carrier? Not a small one but fairly big? And as he gets bigger upgrade?

You can use a plastic tank starting out. The issue is making sure he is warm enough. Depends on house temps. Plastic cages are difficult to heat safely.

You can use a plastic tank starting out. The issue is making sure he is warm enough. Depends on house temps. Plastic cages are difficult to heat safely.

I went to petco and got a 5.5 gallon for when I find me one! I had a coupon that went out today so I just went ahead and got one! I have my undertank heater and I have coco fiber bark stuff and sphagnum moss for substrate! I went to repticon today but I just didn't see one I liked! I'm not sure where I will find one

You didn't find the right one at Repticon ??? Was there a good selection ?

They had some! But i really didn't like them! It was mostly the regular green ones and I really want a albino

Hey everyone I finally found a albino pacman frog!!!! I will post pics when he is in his temporary habitat! I'm makings him a half water half dirt tank I have to get some silicon to finish it but it's going to be cool! I will post pics of it to!

His name is Trevor!! He is a big boy weighing in at 54.90 grams! He already ate 3 superworms for me! I don't want to disturb him so this is the best pic I could get

Attachments

• 1458518903877.jpg
    1458518903877.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 125
Back
Top Bottom