Anyone Go Inline on Fluval?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AdamsAquarium

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a fluval 306, with the fluval hose. And I want to go inline on my co2 diffuser.

The problem I am concerned with is the suction with those suction cups that come with the fluval hoses. I saw a video on YouTube that showed how one did it but I've also read the suction weakens and potentially won't start the syphon.

Anyone else overcome this issue?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Who needs an inline diffuser? Haha

Attachments

• 1431554318747.jpg
    1431554318747.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 77
That's all I do in my 20 tall.. built the reactor and never bothered hooking it up. I have one in the 30l and both tanks get great saturation. It's nice being able to absent mindedly notice whether or not you're out of gas too;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I use a DIY inline reactor on my fx5.

What suction cups are you talking about? The rubber ends? I bought the rubber hose connectors and had to use hose clamps to secure the rubber connectors to the fluval hose and hose clamps to connect the rubber connectors to the actual reactor.

When I had my diffuser under my intake I had a lot of microbubbles coming out of the spray bar and felt like I was wasting a lot of co2.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Yeah every now and then I get a few small bubbles coming out of the spray bar, but that's only every 30 to 45 seconds and the amount of bubbles coming out is so minor I think it might be worth it.

My problem is I have my solenoid hooked up and when I unplug it, it should turn off right? Lol it doesnt.... it stays on...

Yeah every now and then I get a few small bubbles coming out of the spray bar, but that's only every 30 to 45 seconds and the amount of bubbles coming out is so minor I think it might be worth it.

My problem is I have my solenoid hooked up and when I unplug it, it should turn off right? Lol it doesnt.... it stays on...

Why not just hook it up to a timer? Are you sure it is staying on? When mine goes off there is a slight delay between it turning off and the bubbles actually stopping. Like maybe a 20-30 second delay.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I noticed there is a delay, with starting and stopping but mine doesn't stop. I unplugged the solenoid and gave it 5 minutes and it kept going....

It's a new system and it will be on a timer, but I wanted to test it before I set it and forget it on the timer.

It's pressurized gas.. nothing instant about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom