Anyone had experience with sleeper gold head gobies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishandPotterFreak

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 30 gallon tank that's been up for almost 3 months.
My current stocking:
2 blue/green chromis
1 yellow clown goby
1 peppermint shrimp
So I saw this fish at my dentists office, and I immediately fell in love with it. Is there any way I could have this fish? Anyone have a story or example of why/why not I should get it? I've read plenty of pages about these guys, and most have been against buying them.

Well a 30 gal is min size for it. It does need a lid on the tank and may harass your clown goby, or might not. Also if you have a fuge growing pods that would really help. I have never kept one myself tho.

I have a lid, so there's one good thing:) the clown goby seems pretty bold for its size, I saw him chase away the 2 chromis for some of the food I was giving them haha! I don't have a fuge, but I plan on feeding brine and mysis shrimp, and probably some flakes or pellets in there.:) thanks for the info.!

also interested in this as i bought one of these yesterday. I obviously haven't got a lot of experience with them but have read they do not get on very well with other gobys the other complaint people seem to have is the amount of mess they make with the sand going everywhere.

So far my goby is brilliant doesn't make as much mess as I expected from other people's comments. It doesn't move from its little hole when dark bu constantly out eating the sand when it's light. It's also taking frozen brine shrimp very nice fish so far

Back
Top Bottom