anyone have any exp with bumblebee gobies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Morgie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I originally wanted some pygmy gouramis to take back with me to school, but of course they didn't have any at my trusted LFS. The guy that was helping me out didn't seem to be as knowledgeable as most of the people that work there, since he suggested a dwarf gourami for my nano tank. :rolleyes: He said "Oh, well, gouramis can live in a puddle so it doesn't really matter how big their tank is" Out of curiosity I asked him if he had any other fish suitable for a nano tank (mine is 5.5 gallons). He showed me the bumblebee gobies and I know a bit about them (they need slightly brackish water, live/frozen food, and that the tank requirements for them are debated). They were only 1$ each so I decided to give them a go. I bought four, because I honestly expected some casualties.. there were probably 100+ crammed into a ten gallon tank. None of them have died, but one of them has turned pretty pale, so I wouldn't be surprised if that one goes.
I offered them some frozen bloodworms yesterday and they ate them so I was pretty pleased that they are actually eating.
Does anyone have any actual experience with these little guys? The articles I read on them had very conflicting information and testimonials so I'd be interested to hear where you guys stand on the tank size issue.
Have you kept them in a small tank or a large tank and what were the results of each? Any other first-hand stories and advice you can give about them would be greatly appreciated as well. :>

Back
Top Bottom