Anyone have experience with Axolotls?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pau1parker

Aquarium Advice Regular
Im not too sure if iv posted this im the right place so sorry if i haven't !
Iv got a spare 35 litre tank laying around , and saw these axolotls when i was floating around on the internet , oh my word there awesome! I want some ! Im going to set my tank up tonight ready for when i find one by me for sale , the question is does anyone know weather i have to leave the tank cycling as if i would if i was going to get some fish ect? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes cycle it like a normal aquarium. They are carnivores so live and frozen foods work best. They are not very active like most fish so give them little hiding spots and caves for shelter. They also enjoy live plants.

I saw a video that showed if you find their hiding spot, that's where most of their poop is, so it's easier to vacuum.

Also seen they don't work with fish and sometimes their own species.

Source: www.axolotl.org and YouTube.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Will it be ok cycling it with my filter that i used for when i had fish in? Thanks for the info ill have a look on that website now

Will it be ok cycling it with my filter that i used for when i had fish in? Thanks for the info ill have a look on that website now

Cycling with a filter from an established will greatly help.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Great , thank you !

Back
Top Bottom