Anyone want a 10" Pleco located West side of Portland OR?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fanaticbooks

Aquarium Advice Regular
As I mentioned in my new member comment, I have a problem....

I used to have a Pleco that I bought multiple years ago, had it about 8 years before it passed on and it never got real big. Because I really liked it, when I started my fish tank back up last year after a hiatus of about 6 months, I went to a chain pet store and asked about algae eaters.

I told them I had a 28 gal. octagonal tank. They sold me another Pleco. They didn't tell me it would grow so big. THIS ONE is growing and I am afraid it will get too big for the tank.

I am afraid to try to catch it myself. I don't have a net big enough plus don't know how I would transport since it is at least 10 inches long.

Do you know of ANYONE who could come get it and either give it a home or find it a home? It is free and I would be willing to offer some funds to feed it until it did find a home.

I don't want to have to kill it and I don't want it to grow beyond the opening where I would have to kill it and cut it up to get it out. YUK. I'm responsible for it and want it to find a good home.

Any suggestions?
fanaticbooks

Try craigslist :) someone may want it or if u can get someone to catch it
One of ur Lfs should give u store
Credit for it if they want it

Just to finish this topic...

I finally found someone who would take him as well as telling me a safe way to get him out. He is not gone to a fish store that even had another just like it so I know they know what they doing.

Whew. Glad he will find a good home.
fanaticbooks

Back
Top Bottom