Anyone with clown killifish experience?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheresaM

Aquarium Advice Addict
I finally got my clowns, good colors, nice mix of males and females, active, eating well. They're housed with some blue rili shrimp, lots of floating plants. Very happy with them except they have this behavior that's driving me crazy! I look at the tank and one or more are at the waterline against the glass belly up! I mean literally picture a dead floating fish. First time I grabbed a net and it scared the heck out of me when it started moving. I've also seen them barrel roll while swimming in the water column.

I always do a lot of research before buying and did even more so with these since they're my first killies. Is this normal or mean something or do I just have really weird fish? :whistle:

img_3178471_0_0b26104ff5f25badee18e954822eb7dd.jpg

Maybe they think they're clown loaches? Never noticed that behavior with my clown killies, hope they're ok.

10g lowtech, very heavily planted. Tankmates were RCS and for a brief time some pygmy cories. I think I had started with 13 and finished with around 9 (a couple jumped, one or two may have died in the tank). A LFS near me carries them from time to time so I think I'm going to pick them up again next time I see them. They're one of my favorite nano fishes.

Sent from my iPad using science

I've never noticed this behavior, hopefully it's not a swim bladder issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've never noticed this behavior, hopefully it's not a swim bladder issue.

Rats, I think that might have been it, I lost 2 overnight :(

Are they generally considered difficult to care for?

Sadly I'm down to a 2F/1M trio now :(

There are tiny white dots in the corner of the tank, would those be eggs? It's just the clowns and shrimp in there.

Back
Top Bottom