API water test kit cards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HUKIT

Aquarium Advice Addict
My new API master kit arrived today from Dr.Foster and the results are built into one card instead of individual cards. My question is the colors are different from the single cards compared to the large card...has anyone noticed this? My old kit is not expired i just ran out of a few a bottles.

how much different? if for some reason they changed the formula or something maybe the colors changed some? when i run out i tend just to get the refill bottles.

I only tested nitrates and the old card was 20ppm and the new card was over 80 which is why I was concerned. I used the other non-expired nitrate bottles and the water test results were the same just confused about the cards. I emailed API so I'll wait for they're response.

I've also noted a difference between my individual ammonia API card and the master one that comes the master test kit, the 0.25ppm is much darker in my individual one.

Does it makes sense that your nitrates are so high given your last PWC?

I'm interested in hearing what API replies too :confused:

I change 50% weekly on every tank in the house...my nitrates are never over 20ppm.

Then 80ppm doesn't make sense at all, my bet is on the test kit/card.

Did API ever reply to your email?

I just bought an API ammonia kit (my master kit was running out) and they provided two cards, one for saltwater and one for freshwater, and the greens printed were significantly different on the two cards. Could it be that they are showing the saltwater colours instead?

Wow, I JUST posted about this here

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f15/nitrates-40ppm-in-tap-water-135663.html#post1170271

I noticed exactly the same thing several months ago. The color card is wrong. I tested using my kit (with individual card) and new kit (with combo color card) and they looked the same. I agree someone at API got the color printing screwed up.

:-O! The API kit I just bought came on one card, and I thought, "Ah, no more mess of individual cards". Hope mine are accurate! Would you mind posting up a pic of your card?

It might not even work with different computer screens IMO, I have an HP PC and my husband has a mac and things look slightly different on our screens.

API did send me another master test card and it looks the same as the first. So I just gave up and went back to the original single cards.

The test results are the same between kits so that's not the problem it's just the way they are coloring them now I guess.

API did send me another master test card and it looks the same as the first. So I just gave up and went back to the original single cards.

The test results are the same between kits so that's not the problem it's just the way they are coloring them now I guess.

So they have no clue. I guess as long as the Ammonia shows up on yellow, and Nitrites in blue, we should be happy.

Back
Top Bottom