App crashes if I hit "load more threads"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marsh

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey just a heads up. I'm running the app on my iPhone 4..

When viewing "current" threads and I reach the end of the first page and try to hit "load more threads" the app crashes. I'm going to look at it again and see if it happens every time.

Running iOS 6.0

Yeah it works now, but it has crashed at least 8-10 times from hitting that button specifically.

Thanks!

It crashed again and here are the details:

I was reading "current threads", on the "last 3 days" tab and went to hit load more threads and the whole app turns off and throws me to my home screen.

Hello? Anybody?

The standard answer is to remove the app, REBOOT the phone.

Apply any iOS updates, REBOOT the phone.

Reinstall the app.

FrankZ said:
The standard answer is to remove the app, REBOOT the phone.

Apply any iOS updates, REBOOT the phone.

Reinstall the app.

Followed these steps. Did the same thing twice since. Just shuts down.

But really, who cares? It's only me talking about it what is this forum even for?

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately there is not much we can do about it but wait for a new release. The app is maintained and developed by a third party as a convenience for checking on aquariumadvice.com while you are on the go. If it is too much of a headache I would recommend browsing the site via a normal web browser (mobile or computer).

As for the error you are experiencing it is impossible for us to troubleshoot everyone's hardware. I have the app installed on 3 different mobile devices and am not experiencing the issues you describe so there isn't much more to do besides what frank suggested and wait for a new release.

My apologies that this free convenience application does not meet with your approval.

i couldn't even open my app all day friday on the same software and generation iphone as you, so i just let it go. it works fine now. idk why it does that sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom