aptasia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catchndolphn

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a old reef aquarium that was neglected for a while. most of the inverts are dead. I have a bad aptasia problem. Is there something I inverts are dead. I have a bad aptasia problem. Is there something I can use to just Target. Inverts instead of dealing with each aptasia?

Not that I know of. Why not just place said rock into a bowl of boiling water? Or the mixture of that thingo..... Kalkasser? I know nothing about it and I'm sure thats not how you spell it. :)

I have a old reef aquarium that was neglected for a while. most of the inverts are dead. I have a bad aptasia problem. Is there something I inverts are dead. I have a bad aptasia problem. Is there something I can use to just Target. Inverts instead of dealing with each aptasia?

Peppermint shrimp took care of my problem but they are hit and miss

Berghia Nudibranch eat just aptasias. See if your local reef club have any available to borrow.

I believe they are obligate aptasia feeders though. All aptasia gone = ticking time bomb of future nudi death. Just not worth the risk IMO. They're are better options. Check out Mike's link. It's great info.

A combination method using Joe's Juice for any left after removing and boiling the rock it's on.

I know you said there no inverts left, but what is left (alive)?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom