aqua farm the self cleaning tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

88mTransco

Aquarium Advice Regular
Any of you guys have one? Its supposed to "grow" food and keep plants alive. What do you guys think of these worth the $60?

Is this the one from the same people that sell the mushrooms you grow on coffee grounds?

EDIT: You beat me to it. Yes, same people.

If you're interested in this concept, I would recommend looking into hydro-/aquaponics specifically. Unfortunately, price aside, this product looks like it tries to accomplish both, but likely does neither particularly well.

60 bucks can get a few plants that will probably do a better job with the water.

I honestly don't like this concept. There is no self cleaning tank imo. You still need water changes, and how does the fish waste make it to the plants on top... I think it's a scam. We have had them for ever in my store. I don't try selling them BC people will just wind up with a dead fish and dead plants and a wasted 60$

I think its a nice "idea" for a concept tank for someone who just wants to do basic hydroponics with herbs but I don't see how one would get out of pwc's or regular maintenance. Its $60 and in my opinion also, that is a hefty price tag for what you're getting.

I remember seeing this as a Kickstarter and was so intrigued that i was almost convinced on donating (I ended up passing on it)

Anyway the local Petco had one on display, with a Betta and plants growing. I would periodically stop in and notice the tank, and slowly but surely at around 3-4 weeks the plants were browning and the Betta didn't look too active, and eventually removed (I'm assuming died). Within the next 2 weeks after the Betta died, the plants completely rotted.

It could have been outside sources/human error for the unsuccessful display....but it really wasn't a promising outlook after seeing what happened to the poor fish and plants at the store.

Back
Top Bottom