AquaClear 30 Power Filter Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeeves

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
HI,

My tank is STILL not cycled. I'm just playing the waiting game. But, I have a question: do you replace the carbon, bio bag, and foam inserts as often as is directed in the instruction booklet? It says to replace the foam filter every two months, replace the activated carbon insert every month and replace the Biomac insert every three months. Do you all really do this? Do any of you use the ammonia- removal inserts that AquaClear sells?

Thanks!
:fish1:

HI,

My tank is STILL not cycled. I'm just playing the waiting game. But, I have a question: do you replace the carbon, bio bag, and foam inserts as often as is directed in the instruction booklet? It says to replace the foam filter every two months, replace the activated carbon insert every month and replace the Biomac insert every three months. Do you all really do this? Do any of you use the ammonia- removal inserts that AquaClear sells?

Thanks!
:fish1:

FOAM - never replace , you rinse it in tank water when you do a water change on alternate cleaning with biomedia .

CARBON - if you have a planted tank you dont need carbon , its actually counter productive . get a pouch of PURIGEN to replace to carbon . if you dont have plants then you can use the carbon but carbon exhaust fast . i would replace every month .

BIOMEDIA - never replaced , just rinsed off in tank water on alternate cleanings with foam.

they tell you to replace because they need to keep the cash flow going......

Yeah, you can actually just not use the carbon as it's not really needed unless you're trying to remove meds or something. I usually replace the carbon in my ACs with filter floss.

Back
Top Bottom