Aquael Filter Fan 2 Plus - how often to change filter pad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dunder-head

Aquarium Advice Regular
This filter came with one of my fishtanks but nothing came with it to say how often to change the filter pad! Has anyone got any experience with these filters? How often should I replace the foam block? And anyone know where in the UK I can buy any?
Cheers for the help!
:fish2:

Don't replace them. They hold beneficial bacteria you need for your tank.
If they get too dirty, simply rinse them in dirty tank water during a water change. Rinsing them in chlorinated water will kill the bacteria, and you don't want that.

Thankyou :D The only other filter I've had experience with are the Biorb ones (eugh I know! they're terrible). Our first tank was the biorb, got 3 tanks now, and now we're a bit experienced think it's rubbish! Thanks for the help again!

Is that a HoB filter? At some point the filter cart will fall apart and have to be changed. I add extra filter media in my HoB's along with their filter cart, usually one nylon bag with fiber floss and one nylon bag with porous ceramic rings. This way, I can replace a filter cart when on it's last leg w/o experiencing a mini-cycle.

Yes, what's this 'hob' thing? (probably obvious) In UK, we cook on a 'hob' !!
I have attempted all manner of abbreviated for 'H-O-B', some more amusing than others and some I would not put in print !! Come on Siva... what's it all about ??

ahh that makes sense! @Aqua One - im in the UK too, i had to read it twice before realising didnt mean cooking hob, was very confused lol! Not sure if it is a H.O.B, it sticks to the side inside the aquarium.

Ok so it is the type of filter you buy one single pre-made cartridge for? That would have been a better way for me to ask, sorry 'bout that ;)

Back
Top Bottom